You are not the only one, there are hundreds if not thousands of people who suffer from discomfort, can constipation and bloating when on holiday or during the holiday period. I do too, and when we finally got around to talking about it, so does my partner. So not it is not a strange phenomenon, it is actually more comment that most people think.
It can make it even more uncomfortable if you suffer from IBS or are sensitive to certain foods and are unable to monitor or have control of your food as you would normally if you were at home.
So what can you do?
So here are some of my tips that may help you….
- I take away with me Aloe Colon Cleanse tablets, and use these in the night time to help keep my bowels moving thoughout my holiday. You can buy them online, or from health food shops. Make sure it is all natural and organic.
- You also have to remember to drink lots of liquids on holiday, and wine, spirits and beer do not count 🙂 if you are drinking alcohol, it is good practice to drink a glass of water in between each drink. We forget that the sun is hot on holiday, and get carried away enjoying yourself! Drink pure water every day as the first thing you consume. If you don’t like your water straight up, try this or add some lemon juice or lemon slices.Herbal tea is also great but avoid coffee and tea as much as possible and if you do choose to include them drink extra water and fresh vegetable juice to help counter their dehydrating effects and acidity.
- If you can try eating an apple a day, or fruits with skin on them, as this provides roughage.
- Do lots of walking on holiday as exercising can help to keep the bowel working.
- Avoid Heavily over processed foods, preferring fish and fresh or cooked vegetables rather than chips with every thing.
- Avoid large servings of red meats, refined sugar, cakes, cookies and refined salt, you will suffer with bloating. These foods are just not designed to go into our bodies!
SO there you go, hope these tips help you to enjoy your holiday with a nice flat stomach!
If you have any other tips or advice, please leave them below to help other readers….